Friday, April 6, 2007

Hidden beneath the dust


For those who are waiting for the posts on this blog (I wonder if anyone even visits it!), the girl in me is covered in dust and grime due to renovation work in our house! So, she's partly asleep! She's still in the philosophical mood and running with a mop and duster as soon as the labourers leave after the flooring, tile etc work for the day! And after she's sure no more dust will be flying and spoiling her skin (its getting darker with cement, seems like!) and hair, she goes and bathes! Feeling fresh now!

Just two more days... one of the bedrooms is a makeshift kitchen now! Many things are in a mess... things, utensils... everything. After all this work is over, I am going to indulge myself to a good facial, hair spa and lotsa pampering ! Hmm...

Many things around me seem to be in a mess, but all in preparation for a new look and a change for the better. My house, Mira Road station. The latter is preparing for 4 railway tracks. All the stalls outside have been broken, the stairs have been temporarily shifted. For the two extra railway lines, which has been a dream for the people living beyond Borivli. This dream became my own also when we shifted here 4 years back! The 31st March, 2007 deadline for work completion is over and with court extending the deadline to 30th June, 2007 now, work is now going on in full force! The new railway bridge is underway, the new ticket office.... it's going to be neat going by the look of things. But as of now, with the todh-fod, all's in a mess. Not to forget the Mega-Block since 2nd April, 2007! With work in full swing and trains being cancelled (as it is they are few), people living beyond Borivli are facing a problem commuting. The non-risk taking people (like me), end up leaving train after train, else go by auto rickshaw to Borivali (which is quite expensive at Rs 80 per day). But real estates rates in Mira Road have already started soaring. For those who thought, Mira Road was down-market and 'not happening' are repenting now! Its the best place beyond Borivali and the crowd seems increasing by the day!

But to see a new look, you have to go thru mess. Life's like that too if you think about it! I am waiting for happiness too after all the pain in Life! I've already changed the look of my blog - JOURNEYING THRU LIFE! Hope it brings all things positive for me!

The girl in me wants to sing, dance, be happy, loved and cared for!

No comments: