Saturday, April 14, 2007

Keep watching this Space!


Hey, cool poster for my girlie page. I had actually thought of keeping the name of this page- 'Shaggie's Corner'. But then decided against it. This pet name has stuck to me since school. And still goes with me, having entered office also! Shagufta is a bit difficult to digest, na? And Shaggie gels well with my warm girl-next-door image too! ;-) It was okay when I was younger. In fact, in between I'd even tried to get rid of that word. To wipe it out! But somehow it just sticks to me like gum!

Earlier it was just my very close pals. Now it has spread in office. The more I try to snap it off, the more it comes to me with full force! As I kept achieving seniority in office, I tried to cut out my extra smiles and bring a grim professional look on my face. But when I am in my element, my bubbly side pops up! When the work pressure of the day subsides a bit, my jokes, one-liners and songs keep popping out of me in sudden swings! And then Shaggie seems a proper tag! I tried to keep it away from the new juniors in our team, but they picked up from the old ones! Funniest is when some address me as 'Shaggie Ji' now. Thats kinda wierd!

I am the only one whom people will officially address as 'Shaggie' ( who've known me well!) on office mails. Though I try to revert back with a reminder not to use the same on official emails. Otherwise my kids in Trade Finance branches across North, East and West will skip from 'Ma'am' to 'Shaggie Ma'am'. And I wouldn't want that of course! Lately I've been trying to project a stricter image but with warmth and humour (Cannot loose that quality) and I am liking this respect of being 'Ma'am' or 'Shagufta Ma'am' by all the bacchas from other locations. But my own people will always call me Shaggie. To wipe it out completely, I will have to go to a totally new place where there is no one who knows of this name. But now thru this blog even the others know!

But what I wouldn't mind hearing sometime in my life is someone calling me- 'Shaggie Mom'! (getting senti now)

As for my page, keep watching it for girlie stuff. Work timings keep me occupied. Else my mind is brimming with girlie articles and secrets! I've rightly called this page 'Girlie Gupshup'!

No comments: